Saturday, November 6, 2021

TTM Success - Cliff Floyd

This 1994 Score Select Rookie Surge Cliff Floyd is one of those random cards that I was able to find in the boxes I got from my former LCS that I had never seen before.  I was collecting pretty hardcore in the mid-90s, but I don't recall ever seeing these.  I could be wrong.  Still, it is a really cool card, and I wanted to get it signed and into my autograph album.  Not too long after I found it (and was smart enough to pull it so I'd know where to find it), I saw a private signing pop up for Floyd.

Floyd (b. 1972) played in the majors from 1993 to 2009 for the Expos, Marlins, Red Sox, Mets, Cubs, Rays and Padres.  He had 1,479 hits, 233 home runs and a .278 batting average.  He was an All Star in 2001 and his best finish in the MVP voting was 22nd (NL) in 2001.  He won the World Series with the Marlins in 1997.

Floyd appeared on the 2015 Hall of Fame ballot, but received no votes.

I mailed to the private signing on May 22 and got the card back on July 3, for a 42-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $18.00.

No comments: