Friday, November 26, 2021

TTM Success - Jack Voigt

Here are some cards from the mid-90s that I was able to get signed TTM from former Oriole, Jack Voigt.  For the longest time, these kinds of cards were almost invisible to me when I would be looking through boxes.  I had seen so many cards from this era because that was the era I grew up in, card-wise.  So, while I would be digging out some nice vintage, or looking for more contemporary inserts and parallels to get signed, these cards would just sit.  I have gotten a new appreciation for these lately, and cards like the above 1995 Topps Stadium Club turn out really well when signed.
I had raided my Orioles box for TTM subjects, since returns had all but dried up the last few months.  In that search, I found several guys from this era who sign, and I was able to move a lot of cards out and create some space.  Cards like the above 1994 Score Select and 1995 Score look really great.
I was also able to add a 1994 Topps to my album, as well as a 1995 Fleer Ultra.  The worst part about cards from the mid 90s is the over-gloss, but fortunately, none of these cards had stuck together with others, and all are in great shape.

Voigt (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1992 to 1998 for the Orioles, Rangers, Brewers and A's.  He had 138 hits, 20 home runs and a .235 batting average.

I mailed to Voigt on October 12 and got the cards back on October 22, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: