Wednesday, November 3, 2021

TTM Success - Ben Howard

2002 Upper Deck Honor Roll is one of those sets that I missed out on back when I was out of collecting in the early 2000s.  I don't know much about it, except that it reminds me of Upper Deck Documentary or Topps Moments and Milestones.  Meaning, there are a ton of cards of certain players in all different poses, and must have been a nightmare for player collectors.  Anyway, I didn't have any cards from that set signed, so I sent this one that I found to Ben Howard.  He signed it TTM and the card turned out pretty well.  It's a nice design, even with the stuff I said about the set above.

Howard (b. 1979) played in the majors from 2002 to 2004 for the Padres and Marlins.  He had a career record of 2-5 with 67 strike outs and a 5.20 ERA.

I mailed to Howard on October 14, 2020, and got the card back on June 22, 2021, for a 251-day TAT.

No comments: