Tuesday, November 23, 2021

TTM Success - Kevin Millwood

Another private signing popped up and immediately I thought of a card that I wanted to get signed.  This 2011 Topps Heritage retail black parallel of Kevin Millwood always jumped out at me when I would go through my Orioles box.  I don't know what it is, but I just wanted to get the card signed.  So, when I saw Millwood show up on SCN for a signing, I dug through my box and found the card.
I decided that I also wanted to send off this 2004 Topps Season Highlights card that I had rescued from a factory set that had been headed to the dumpster at my former LCS.  I just thought the card would look cool in my album, so I sent it along, as well.

Millwood (b. 1974) is a North Carolina native and played in the majors from 1997 to 2012 for the Braves, Phillies, Indians, Rangers, Orioles, Rockies and Mariners.  He had a career record of 169-152 with 2,083 strike outs and a 4.11 ERA.  He won the ERA title in 2005 (2.86) and was an All Star in 1999.  His best finish in the Cy Young race was 3rd (NL) in 1999.  His best MVP finish was 26th, also in 1999.

I mailed to the signing on September 11 and got the cards back on October 16, for a 35-day TAT.  I forgot what I paid in fees.

No comments: