Saturday, August 29, 2026

2026 National Free Signer - Geovany Soto

Geovany Soto was the next free signer at this year's National. I had sent most of his cards to Max over the years, but was still able to find a couple to take with me to the show. The above 2010 Topps Heritage was one of them. This is such a good looking card and I'm glad I got it signed. 
I worked out a deal with the vendor I had been talking to all show; I took a bunch of his Soto cards and some wild card vouchers and went through the line for him so he wouldn't have to leave his booth. We split the cards, so I ended up with several extras.
I also got the other card I brought from home (this 2017 Topps) signed. Since I already had one in the album, I got this one done in red paint pen.

Soto (b. 1983) played in the majors from 2005 to 2017 for the Cubs, Rangers, A's, White Sox and Angels. He had 619 hits, 108 home runs and a .245 batting average. He was the NL Rookie of the Year in 2008. He was also an All Star that season and finished 13th in the NL MVP race.

No comments: