Thursday, August 13, 2026

2026 National Free Signer - The Godfather

While walking around the show floor at the National on the Wednesday Sneak Peek day, I walked by the Ebay booth and saw retired WWE superstar, The Godfather, signing a bunch of cards. I stopped by and asked the folks in the booth what was going on and they told me that The Godfather was going to be handing out signed cards and photos to folks during an Ebay live event. I joined in on the event and bid on a few things, but didn't win anything. It was a lot of fun, though. I ended up getting a signed 8 x 10 and a signed card. They were both really cool, and I also got to meet him and talk to him for a bit. I also posed for a photo
The Godfaher (Charles Wright) (b. 1961) was a professional wrestler from 1989 until his retirement in 2002. He is best known as The Godfather, but also wrestled in WWE as Papa Shango and Kama. He never held the World title, but was the Intercontinental Champion once. He was elected to the WWE Hall of Fame in 2016.

He was really nice, and I'm glad that I stopped in the Ebay booth and checked on what was happening.

No comments: