Monday, September 10, 2018

TTM Success - Chuck Essegian

I grabbed a handful of 50s cards from somewhere (it's really bad that I can't remember where I got them) and sent them off TTM.  A few of them came back around the same time, the first of which was this 1958 Topps Chuck Essegian.

The card looks really nice, and was signed with a thin black pen.

Essegian (b. 1931) played in the majors from 1958 to 1963 for the Phillies, Cardinals, Dodgers, Orioles, A's (KC) and Indians.  He had 260 hits, 47 home runs and a .255 batting average.  He was a member of the 1959 World Series Champion Dodgers.

His time with the Orioles consisted of one game, in 1961.  He would then be traded to the KC A's for Dick Hall and Dick Williams.

I mailed to Essegian on June 4 and got the card back signed on June 11, for a 7-day TAT.  I guess I raided my vintage box for this, but I definitely can't remember.

No comments: