Saturday, November 25, 2017

TTM Success - Duffy Dyer

I got this TTM success in from Duffy Dyer after waiting quite a while for it.  There were some nice 70s cards in the package, so it was good to finally get them back.
I liked this 1974 Topps for some reason.  I actually really like the set, as it was one of the first "vintage" sets that I put together.  It was pretty tough, the Mike Schmidt second year card was a tough one to get, as was the Winfield rookie, of course.
Finally, here are the other two cards that I sent out, a 1977 and a 1981.  Both of them are pretty cool, but I think I like the 81 best.  For some reason, that set really has grown on me.

Dyer (b. 1945) played in the majors from 1968 to 1981 for the Mets, Pirates, Expos and Tigers.  He had 441 hits, 30 home runs and a .221 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Mets in 1969.

I mailed to Dyer on April 3 and got the cards back on November 16, for a 227-day TAT.

No comments: