Monday, November 6, 2017

TTM Success - Omar Daal

I had some help with a friend from Instagram named Chance to get this card signed TTM from former Oriole, Omar Daal.  Chance has the "Harvey" book that lists addresses for former players.  I use a couple of the forum sites for TTMs, and have had lots of successes, but sometimes I need to send Chance a message or two for guys who's addresses may be missing or confusing.  Daal wasn't listed on any of the forum sites, but since I had this random 2004 Topps in my O's box, I asked him if he knew of an address.  He did, and I got the card signed!

Daal (b. 1972) played in the majors from 1993 to 2003 for the Dodgers, Expos, Blue Jays, Diamondbacks, Phillies and Orioles.  He had a career record of 68-78 with 806 strike outs and a 4.55 ERA.  His time in Baltimore (2003) was forgettable, with a record of 4-11 with a 6.34 ERA.  That was during the dark ages of Orioles baseball, for sure.

I mailed to Daal on October 18 and got the card back on October 27, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: