Sunday, November 12, 2017

TTM Success - Hal Naragon

I went to a card show here in Greenville a few weeks ago and picked up some nice vintage cards to send TTM.  The first one to come back was this success from Hal Naragon.  I grabbed a few cards of his really cheaply at the show; mostly cards I didn't have many of in my album.

I really like 1962 Topps, and would like to build that set sometime soon.  I have way too many other sets in the works at the moment, or I would already have started this one.
1955 Bowman is actually a set I could get started pretty quickly.  I already have Mickey Mantle and a few other Hall of Famers, so that one would be a good one to complete, as well.  I have picked up a good many from the 1955 Bowman set and have gotten them signed.  I haven't counted my Bowmans like I do my Topps, but I imagine I have at least 10 cards from 1955 Bowman signed.
I remember a time when I only had 2 signed cards out of 1961 Topps (above left).  Now, I have 11.  Naragon also sent one of his own cards, a custom in the 1968 design (above right).  I like when players include their own stuff, but it is sure not expected.
Finally, Naragon sent a nice note on an index card, and signed that as well.  He went above and beyond with this TTM request.  He seems like such a nice guy.

Naragon (b. 1928) played in the majors in 1951 and from 1954 to 1962 for the Indians, Senators and Twins.  He had 262 hits, 6 home runs and a .266 batting average.  He appeared in one game during the 1954 World Series, an Indians loss to the Giants, but he did not receive a plate appearance.

I mailed to Naragon on October 28 and got the cards back on November 6, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: