Tuesday, November 28, 2017

TTM Success - Wes Stock

Here are some more vintage cards that I was able to get signed TTM following the Greenville card show.  I picked up these cards of Wes Stock while at the show.  I wanted to add another former Oriole, and also some more 60s cards.  I liked this 1963 Topps due to the colors on the card (and also since it showed him as an Oriole).
I also added a 1967 Topps to the album.  I actually sent him two of these, and he returned both of them signed, which was nice.

Stock (b. 1934) played in the majors from 1959 to 1967 for the Orioles and A's (Kansas City).  He had a record of 27-13 with 365 strike outs and a 3.60 ERA.  Stock was traded away from the Orioles to the A's in 1964 for Charlie Lau.

I mailed to Stock on October 28 and got the cards back on November 17, for a 20-day TAT.

No comments: