Sunday, October 29, 2017

TTM Success - Pete Ladd

This was a really nice TTM success, and one where I really couldn't decide on which cards to send.  I wanted to make sure I sent this 1986 Topps Traded, because one of the things I tend to look for in a card to send is hairstyles of the times.  That and awesome poses, or amazing uniforms.  Since Pete Ladd looked a lot like Weird Al in this shot, I had to send this one off.
Conrad from the Columbia antique shop gave me a partial set of 1980 Topps, so I have been reluctant to drop any of those cards off of the requests.  I'm not the biggest fan of having players sign cards with other folks on them; mainly because I don't want to lose one that has already been signed, and I don't want OCD to take over when there is only one signature on the card.  Still, I wanted one of Conrad's cards to go on the journey.
Again, here is a cool hairstyle and uniform on this 1984 Fleer.  I also wanted to make sure I used one of the cards from my FLeer box, especially since I don't have a whole lot of mid-80s Fleer anyway.
I also added some Topps cards, as usual.  I had to add a 1987, of course.  I also liked the 84, 85 and 86 that I sent along.  I almost dropped the 86, since I sent the Topps Traded, but I wanted them both, side by side, in my album.  Luckily, Ladd signed everything.

Ladd (b. 1956) played in the majors in 1979 and from 1982 to 1986 for the Astros, Brewers and Mariners.  He had a career record of 17-23 with an ERA of 4.14 and 209 strike outs.

I mailed to Ladd on October 9 and got the cards back on October 21, for a 12-day TAT.

No comments: