Friday, October 20, 2017

TTM Success - Phil Bradley

I added another former Oriole to my autograph collection with this TTM success from Phil Bradley.  He had a bunch of cards to choose from, so I wanted to make sure that I had several Orioles cards represented.  This 1990 Donruss turned out really nice, even though Bradley used a ballpoint pen.  The signature really shows up in the scan.  I was worried that it wouldn't show up.
He had quite a few Topps cards to choose from, so I selected a 1987, of course, and also 1989 and 1990.  The 1990 Bowman (bottom left) also was a nice choice.
One card manufacturer that seems to always be passed over for me is Upper Deck.  Their early 90s stuff especially just doesn't pop for me.  That being said, I wanted to send off this 1990 Upper Deck mainly because it came out of a team set of Orioles cards that I picked up way back in 1990.  The clamshell hanger case that the set originally came in has long since deteriorated, so the cards just reside in my Orioles box.  I wanted to make sure that one of them found it's way into my autograph album, and now one has!

Bradley (b. 1959) played in the majors from 1983 to 1990 for the Mariners, Phillies, Orioles and White Sox.  He had 1,058 hits, 78 home runs and a .286 batting average.  He appeared in the AL MVP voting in 1985, when he finished 16th and made his only All Star appearance.  He batted .300 or better in 3 seasons.

I mailed to Bradley on September 26 and got the cards back on October 13, for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: