Saturday, August 1, 2015

Set Complete - 1959 Topps

I met my second goal for The National, also on the first full day.  I walked around the entire show and filled out the rest of what I needed to complete the 1959 Topps set that I have been working on for a while.  I don't even remember when I started it; I believe it was when I completed 1955.  Anyway, I knocked off a bunch of them at one vendor, but couldn't seem to find the elusive card number 69, the San Francisco Giants team card.

Once I had it narrowed down to that one card, it took quite a while, with the help of Andrew and Max, to find an unmarked version of the card.  We had a hard time finding any version of the card, but finally tracked it down.  The quest for the Giants team card was almost as difficult as finding the Ripken Elite auto.

I now have both of those goals met, and I was happy to do it in the first full day.  This allowed me to concentrate more on looking for hidden gems, and also stuff for other people.

As for what set I plan on doing next, well, I haven't quite decided.  I may hold off on another 50s set until I wrap up some of the later 60s and 1972.

No comments: