Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Tom Glavine

I picked up my 113th Hall of Fame signed baseball at the National Card Show when I got a steal on this Tom Glavine signed ball from the BBC Exchange booth.  I know they sell wax boxes at good prices, but I guess they have branched out into the signed memorabilia market a bit as well.  They had a lot of signed baseballs at really good prices (even Maury Wills at $10.00).

Glavine (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1987 to 2008 for the Braves and Mets.  He was a huge member of the Braves rotation (along with John Smoltz and Greg Maddux) for years.  I already had the other two, and adding Glavine completes that trifecta.

He finished his career with a 305-203 record, 3.54 ERA and 2,607 strike outs.  He was a 2-time Cy Young Award winner (1991 and 1998) and a 10-time All Star.  He won 20 or more games 5 times.  He was a member of the 1995 World Series Champion Braves.  Glavine was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2014 (his first ballot) with 91.9% of the vote.

No comments: