Wednesday, September 11, 2019

TTM Success - Omar Moreno

I took part in another private signing through SCN and landed this Omar Moreno signed 1987 Topps.  The problem is, though, I was supposed to have the card already.  I had sent a bunch of Moreno's stuff off last year to a former friend of mine who was to see Moreno (and a few other guys in the 87 set).  He was going to 50/50 for me, but out of the blue, he messaged me saying he was done getting card signed and quitting Instagram altogether.  I asked him if he was going to send me my stuff back, and he said he would.  I haven't heard from him since.  It is kind of sad, in my opinion.  Anyway, I got the card for my set, and can cross him off of the list.

Moreno (b. 1952) played in the majors from 1975 to 1986 for the Pirates, Astros, Yankees, Royals and Braves.  He had 1,257 hits, 37 home runs and a .252 batting average.  He finished 15th in the 1979 NL MVP voting, and won the World Series with the Pirates that same season.

I mailed to the private signing on July 19 and got the card back on August 19, for a 31-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $10.00.

No comments: