Sunday, May 30, 2021

TTM Success - Manny Acta

Here are a few nice cards that I was able to get signed by former manager Manny Acta.  I always enjoy getting cards with the 1962 design signed, so this 2011 Topps Heritage was a nice one to add to the album.
I was also able to get Acta to sign this 2007 Topps.  Again, like I said yesterday, I really like the 07 design, so I was glad to add another to the album.  I just noticed that this one didn't have the facsimile signature on it like most 07 Topps do.  I remember there being some that had been short printed in error or something (Paul LoDuca's card comes to mind).  After a quick search, it just looks like they didn't put one on Acta's card.
Finally, I used one of my 2010 Upper Deck stadium cards for the Acta TTM as well.  I have a stash of these, and like to send them out here and there to get some signed.

Acta (b. 1969) managed in the majors from 2007 to 2012 for the Nationals and Indians.  He had a record of 158-252 (.418 win %).

I mailed to Acta on December 18 and got the cards back on February 6, for a 50-day TAT.

No comments: