Tuesday, November 10, 2020

TTM Success - Leroy Kelly

It has been a while since I have added a football player to my autograph album.  I like to add those when I find some cool vintage cards, and that's what happened with Leroy Kelly.  I had picked up a couple 5,000-count boxes from my LCS for real cheap, and there was a small assortment of vintage baseball and football in there.  I saw that there were a few Kelly cards, and that he signed TTM for a fee, so I got the money together, and sent the cards off.

Kelly has a great signature, and inscribed each card with "19 H.O.F. 94", which looks really cool.  I especially like the red border on the above 1971 Topps.  I have always said that red cards tend to look great when scanned.
I also had a 1970 and 1972 card of Kelly, so I sent those along, as well.  I figured I would go ahead and pay the fee to get them signed, otherwise, they'd just sit in my boxes, because I do nothing with football stuff.

Kelly (b. 1942) played professionally from 1964 tom1973 for the Cleveland Browns.  He played college ball at Morgan State.  In his career, he had 7,274 rushing yards with 74 touchdowns.  He led the league in rushing yards in 1967 and 1968; and rushing touchdowns in 1966, 1967 and 1968.  He also had 2,281 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns.

Kelly won the NFL Championship in 1964; he was a 6-time Pro Bowler and a 3-time All Pro.  As his inscriptions say, he was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1994.

I mailed to Kelly on August 12 and got the cards back on August 24, for a 12-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $10.00/card.

No comments: