Friday, November 20, 2020

TTM Success - Ed Yarnall

I got a bunch of cards out of my bargain boxes that I got from my LCS and sent them off for signatures.  One of the players I found at the time was Ed Yarnall.  He had a bunch of early 2000s Bowmans, so those were some cool cards to send off.  The above 1999 Upper Deck Black Diamond looks much better in person, by the way.
Above, there are three different years of Bowman represented: 1998 (top left), 1999 Chrome (top right) and 2000 (bottom left).  There is also a 1999 Team Best on the bottom right.

Yarnall (b. 1975) played in the majors in 1999 and 2000 for the Yankees.  He had a record of 1-0 with 14 strike outs, and a 5.40 ERA.  He was originally drafted by the Mets, but went to the Marlins in the Mike Piazza trade (remember the 5 games that Piazza was a Marlin?), then he went to the Yankees in the Mike Lowell trade.  He didn't make the playoff roster either year, but he was a member of the 1999 and 2000 Yankees teams that won the World Series.  I'm sure he got a ring.

I mailed to Yarnall on August 31 and got the cards back on September 9, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: