Saturday, April 2, 2022

National Pickup - Ari Lehman Signed Card

A while back, I bought one of those Rubbermaid drawer/organizers.  The first thing I did with it was designate a drawer for the autographs I got at the National this past summer that still had yet to be scanned.  While I was looking for my snap case of Hickory cards for graphing next week, I searched this drawer and realized that I still had several autographs that I picked up at the National that needed to be scanned and blogged.  Again, I am way behind on posting stuff.  So, here is one of those autographs, that of Ari Lehman.

I met Lehman at the show and had him sign a couple 8 x 10s, a poster for Chris and this card.  It was strange he was at the National and not across the street at the Horror-Con that I went to that Friday.  I had told him that an actress from Friday the 13th (Part V) would be over there, so he wrote her a note for me to give to her.  It made her day!

Lehman (b. 1965) is the first actor to play Jason Voorhees on screen.  He was the child actor used to portray Jason as he (spoiler alert) jumped out of the lake at the end of the movie and pulled Alice under the water.  According to his IMDB page, he mainly stuck to horror thereafter, taking parts in what looks like several B or C movies and some exploitation films.

Lehman was really cool when I met him.  He was very eager to chat with me and we talked about how I grew up with the Friday films and also how my son loves them.  He was happy to sign a poster for Chris, which Chris really enjoyed when I got home.

2 comments:

osupremegrandmotherone said...

I probably didn't even know y'all were watching that stuff!

Fuji said...

My buddy has done a few signings with Lehman and said he's really cool... and loves his vodka. At one of the signings, he had a little too much to drink and signed a Funko Pop upside down. My buddy couldn't sell it, so he gave it to me.