Thursday, April 7, 2022

Graphing Recap - 2022 Wood Ducks Meet the Team Event

Happy Opening Day!  For some folks, at least.  Tomorrow, more teams will start, along with minor leagues.  The Wood Ducks start on the road at the Mudcats, so tonight, they had their "Meet the Team" event for season ticket holders.  It was a real nice time, even though they scaled it back due to the threat of rain (it didn't rain on us).  I was hoping for some free food.

This season, Maximo Acosta is the big prospect who is on the Wood Ducks roster, and I preemptively bought some nice Bowman Chrome parallels off of Ebay with a gift card that my wife got me for Christmas or my birthday (I can't remember how long I've had it).  The above 2021 Bowman Chrome Ray Wave refractor is just an awesome-looking card.  I got it for 5 bucks, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
The black and white speckle parallel (top right) was another card I bought in a lot on Ebay.  The other two haven't been signed yet.
I was also able to add Dylan MacLean; he was in 2021 Topps Pro Debut and 2021 Heritage Minors.
Finally, my friend, Gerard, hooked me up with the pink chrome refractor of Guilder Rodriguez; I was also able to knock a couple Hickory team set cards out of new Wood Ducks coach, Justin Jacobs.

In all, Chris and I got 20 autographs.  This was a great way to kick off the season, and I hope they do this again.

No comments: