Tuesday, October 26, 2021

TTM Success - Kyle Skipworth

There weren't nearly as many TTM requests sent off this year as I had done last year during COVID.  Still, I sent off a decent amount of stuff when I had the chance between Wood Ducks games.  I didn't go through boxes as much as usual, either, which contributed to my not sending out as much, also.  Still, I found some cards of guys who signed, and was able to thin out a few boxes, as was the case with this return from Kyle Skipworth.  I had the above 2008 Razor card for a long time in one of the boxes, and used the ones I got from the former LCS to add two more to the package.  The Razor card turned out great; I always liked this design.
I also sent the above 2010 Topps Pro Debut and the 2011 Topps Heritage Minors.  Both look great.

Skipworth (b. 1990) played in the majors in 2013 for the Marlins.  He appeared in 4 games and had no hits.  He was a first round pick (6th overall) in the 2008 June Amateur Draft by the Marlins out of Patriot High School in Glen Avon, California.

I mailed to Skipworth on January 11 and got the cards back on June 5, for a 145-day TAT.

No comments: