Sunday, September 10, 2017

TTM Success - Wendell Magee

This was a nice TTM success that I got from former player, Wendell Magee.  Initially, I thought that he didn't sign a couple of the cards, since his signature was so small, but I did get everything that I sent to him back signed.

I was really happy to add a 2002 and 2003 Topps (above) to the autograph binder.  I want to pick up some more 2003 Topps, but haven't been able to do so in quite a while.  The card turned out really well, though.
The bottom left Donruss Preferred was the first one I saw in my envelope, and at first glance, I thought it wasn't signed.  I wasn't looking for red Sharpe, so I was fooled a bit on that first look.  I got some cool cards out of this success, though, and thankfully, they all got taken care of.

Magee (b. 1972) played in the majors from 1996 to 2002 for the Phillies and Tigers.  He had 268 hits, 24 home runs and a .247 batting average.

I mailed to him on May 2 and got the cards back on August 28, for a 118-day TAT.

No comments: