Sunday, September 3, 2017

TTM Success - Billy Sample

This was a nice TTM success from Billy Sample that I got in recently.  He even included a note that said "From one William to another...", which I thought was a cool touch.  I enjoyed seeing this 1987 Fleer come back signed, as these are nice cards and look great in blue Sharpie.
I added these Topps cards to the album as well.  I found that I will have to audit my Topps numbers at some point, though, because the 1986 is a Topps Traded and I can't remember if I counted it or not in my numbers.  It shouldn't be included in the tally for 1986, but that doesn't mean that I remembered to leave it out.  That'll give me something to do on a rainy day, I suppose.
Regardless of the totals for other Topps sets, I know my 1987 count is accurate.  I have 70+ cards from that set signed, and have a few more out for signature.

Sample (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1978 to 1986 for the Rangers, Yankees and Braves.  He had 684 hits, 46 home runs and a .272 batting average.

I mailed to Sample on August 11 and got the cards back on August 18, for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: