Thursday, August 24, 2017

TTM Success - J. R. House

My plan is to catch up on some of my 2017 National Card Show pickups once I get a little free time in the evenings.  Lately, I have been really busy, and haven't had time to sit down and scan more of the cards that I got at the show.  In the meantime, I am going to keep trying to get ahead on my TTMs, but even that has fallen behind.  I'll get there when I get there, I guess.

Luckily, I have been getting in some successes, even though I haven't sent out much lately.  I did get another book of stamps, so I can try to get some stuff in the mail soon.

I got these cards in from JR House recently, the best one being the above 2001 Bowman's Best.  I got this out of a box at my LCS, and it turned out nicely.  He used an old sharpie for the signature, but in the end, it turned out ok.
I also got this 2001 Topps signed by House.  I doubt I will pursue the other two guys, but you never know.  I may give it a shot down the road.

House (b. 1979) played in the majors in 2003 to 2004 and 2006 to 2008 for the Pirates, Astros and Orioles.  He had 10 hits, 3 home runs and a .202 batting average in his career.  I completely forgot he was an Oriole.  His 3 homers came while he was an Oriole in 2007.

I mailed to House on June 12 and got the cards back on August 5, for a 54-day TAT.

No comments: