Thursday, August 31, 2017

TTM Success - Eddie Fisher

I got this TTM success from former Oriole Eddie Fisher complete with a card from the player, himself.  I must have said something in my letter to him that I was a huge Orioles fan, and he included this 1967 Topps of him as an Oriole.

This was really cool, because I have very few extra 1967 Topps as it is, and to add one of an Oriole, well, that was nice.
This 1969 Topps was the one I actually sent out, and it also came back signed.  I don't have many extras from this set, either, since I am currently working on completing the set.  The set has stalled out, but will get completed sometime soon.

Fisher (b. 1936) played in the majors from 1959 to 1973 for the Giants, White Sox, Orioles, Indians, Angels, and Cardinals.  He had a career record of 85-70 with an ERA of 3.41 and 812 strike outs.  He was an All Star in 1965, and also finished 4th in the AL MVP voting that season.  He appeared on the 1979 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to August 7 and got the cards back on August 16, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: