Wednesday, June 14, 2017

TTM Success - Tom Goodwin

This was a TTM success that took two tries, but I finally received from Tom Goodwin.  I had received a failure (a RTS) last year and held onto the cards for a while to see if I could try again.  I saw that he was signing with the Mets, so I sent there.  In the meantime, I swapped out one of the cards I was sending for this 1996 Topps Gallery that I picked up while I was at Andrew's.  It turned out pretty nice, even though the sicnature smeared a bit.  I baby powdered the card, but with how glossy these are, I think I need to use an eraser on them.  I may try that the next time I send one out.
I got these four cards back as well.  They all turned out pretty nicely, I think.  I especially like the 1999 Topps, since I didn't have very many of them in the album.
This 1997 Pacific Collection Prism turned out great.  I love these cards and have been able to get a couple of them signed now.  They look great in the album, and I hope I can add a few more from that set.

Goodwin (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1991 to 2004 for the Dodgers, Royals, Rangers, Rockies, Giants and Cubs.  He had 1,029 hits, 24 home runs and a .268 batting average.

I mailed to Goodwin on May 30 and got the cards back on June 8, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: