Sunday, June 11, 2017

TTM Success - Jody Davis

A few TTM successes have rolled in here and there over the last week.  I still haven't mailed out a whole lot lately, but I plan on doing a few this week.

This success from Jody Davis was nice because I was able to use the above 1989 Bowman.  Back when I got into collecting cards, I hated these Bowmans because they didn't fit my album pages.  Now, I kind of like them because they look pretty cool when signed.  I have quite a few 1989 Bowman in one of my boxes, and have pulled a few to send TTM.  Sometimes they make the cut, sometimes they don't, and they end up in TTM starter packs.
I also added a couple Topps cards to the album with these, a 1985 and 1990.  I had hoped he would sign the 1987 that I sent, but he kept three of the cards I sent along.  Oh well.

Davis (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1981 to 1990 for the Cubs and Braves.  He had 877 hits, 127 home runs and a .245 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1984 and 1986.  His best finish in the NL MVP voting was 10th in 1984.  He won the Gold Glove Award in 1986, as well.

I mailed to Davis on May 17 and got the cards back on June 3, for a 17-day TAT.  I mailed to him via the Louisville Bats.

No comments: