Tuesday, June 7, 2016

TTM Success - David Segui

He has a nice signature, but he is still one of my least favorite Orioles of all time.  I figured I would add David Segui to my TTM project and I'm happy I did so.  He did keep two of the cards I sent and the fact that they were the best of all of what I sent, I was a little annoyed at him.  Not as much as I was when I learned in 2005 that he contributed to Larry Bigbie's and Brian Roberts's dip into steroids (via the Mitchell Report).  However, time has kind of healed the wound, and Segui was a pretty good player for the O's during some dark times.

Segui (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1990 to 2004 for the Orioles, Mets, Expos, Mariners, Blue Jays, Rangers and Indians.  He had 1,412 hits, 139 home runs and a career average of .291.  Segui appeared on the 2010 Hall of Fame ballot and received 0.2% of the vote.

I mailed to Segui on April 30 and got the cards back on May 10, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: