Saturday, June 11, 2016

TTM Success - Mike Tyson

Stepping away from the 1950s era players for a bit, I got a few 70s guys in recently.  One of which has a pretty famous name, but no, I didn't get an auto from the former boxer, Mike Tyson.  I got the former infielder.  Here is a 1975 Topps card that I got from my buddy, Max.  It was damaged in transit, but still looks cool signed.
I also got the 1976 and 1981 Topps cards of his signed.  I liked the '81 because of the old Cubs uniform.  The signature smudged a bit on that one, but in all, the cards turned out great.  I can't complain.

Tyson (b. 1950) grew up in nearby Rocky Mount, NC.  He played in the majors from 1972 to 1981 for the Cardinals and Cubs.  He had 714 hits, 27 home runs and a .241 batting average.

I mailed to Tyson on April 20 and got the cards back on May 16 for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: