Thursday, December 5, 2019

TTM Success - Steve Mura

Most of the time, my goal in my TTM quest is to remove cards from my series of 5,000-count boxes and transfer them to my autograph album.  Extra cards that don't get sent out are then distributed to folks on Instagram so that they, too, can send TTMs.  This helps me slowly reduce the amount of cards in my boxes, and make room for new sets.

I was able to clear out several Steve Mura cards, since I had a ton.  He signs most of what you send him, so I took advantage and sent out 5 cards.  I even made my way down to the depths of my stack of boxes and pulled this 1983 Donruss out to send to him.  It turned out to be a nice card to send.
I also sent an assortment of Topps cards (1980, 81, 82 and 86) which all look good.

Mura (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1978 to 1983 and 1985 for the Padres, Cardinals, White Sox and A's.  He had a career record of 30-39 with 360 strike outs and a 4.00 ERA.

I mailed to Mura on October 24 and got the cards back on November 1, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: