Sunday, December 15, 2019

TTM Success - Orlando Palmeiro

I held this 2002 Topps Orlando Palmeiro card for a while, meaning to send it TTM to him.  My problem was, I knew I could find more of his cards, but for some reason, I didn't have many.
Over time I picked up some boxes of 90s stuff, and ended up with the 1993 Bowman.  I busted my box f 1996 Fleer that was in my closet, and found his card in there, and finally, I picked up the sets of 2003 and 2005 Topps at the LCS that were going to be trashed, and found two of his cards there.

Palmeiro (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1995 to 2007 for the Angels, Cardinals and Astros.  He had 640 hits, 12 home runs and a .274 batting average.  He won the World Series 2002 with the Angels.

I thought I saw that Palmeiro was cousins with Rafael Palmeiro, but now I can't find anything to back that up.  I'm pretty sure they are cousins.

I mailed to him on October 14 and got the cards back on November 8, for a 25-day TAT.

No comments: