Friday, December 20, 2019

TTM Success - Cale Yarborough

I went on a small buying spree on COMC recently that helped me obtain some cards of non-baseball TTM signers.  I found quite a few folks who were signing, so I went ahead and got a few things that would look cool in my autograph album, and I sent them out.  One such subject was former NASCAR driver, Cale Yarborough.

I actually had a site that I used to go sample for work that was next to where Yarborough lived in South Carolina.  I would see him riding around on his golf cart, but I never got the chance to talk with him.  That might be good, though, because I would probably still be there.
The above 1988 Maxx card actually came from my LCS, and that was what spurred me to search COMC for more cards, because I knew I could find a few Yarborough cards  on there.

Yarborough (b. 1939) first raced in NASCAR's Cup series in 1957 at the Southern 500 in Darlington, SC.  His last race was the 1988 Atlanta Journal 500.  In between those two races, spanning 32 seasons, Yarborough would win 83 races and three Cup championships (1976, 1977 and 1978).  He was the 1968, 1977, 1983 and 1984 Daytona 500 winner.  He was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame in 2012.

I mailed to Yarborough on November 4 and got the cards back on November 14, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: