Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas From Max

My good friend Max has been hooking me up for a long time now.  I can't remember what it was like before he came along, but I know it wasn't nearly as fun.  We don't get to talk like we used to because he is so busy with school and sports, but he still makes time to check in and we still do 50/50s for each other quite a bit.

He hooked me up by helping me get my 1987 Topps Bo Jackson signed at a show a couple months ago.  I had to pay Bo's ridiculous fee, but Max got to meet him, and got my card taken care of.  I'm really happy to cross this one off of my list.
Max has pledged to help me as much as he can with my signed 1987 set.  For Christmas he sent me this awesome Dennis Eckersley.  Eck was someone I would have probably paid for at an upcoming National, but I probably would have waited for quite a while.  I'm happy that I don't have to wait for it any longer!
I had looked up quite a few Dave Henderson 87s, but hadn't pulled the trigger on any.  He passed away a few years ago, and I wasn't able to get him while he was living.  I have learned very quickly that once a player passes, his signed 87 Topps cards disappear from the secondary market.  I'm really happy that Max found one and sent it to me.

Thanks so much for getting Bo done for me, and also for the amazing Christmas gifts, Max!  You're one of my closest collecting friends, and you have taught me so much about 50/50s and graphing.  Merry Christmas, my friend, to you and to your family!

No comments: