Thursday, September 2, 2021

TTM Success - Glenn Wilson

Adding 1987 Topps cards to my autograph collection is getting a bit tougher than it had been, mainly because I have gotten all of the easy guys and am now working toward adding tougher signers via private signings and trades.  Some of the cards, I'm also upgrading, as was the issue with Glenn Wilson.  My friend, Gerard, hooked me up with a signed Wilson that he found, which crossed him off of my list.  That card was a little beat up and signed in ballpoint pen, so when I saw a signing come up, I considered upgrading my card.  I realized that Wilson was on the Phillies leaders card, so I went ahead and sent both of them in for the signing.
Now, all I need to finish this card is to add Juan Samuel.  I missed two Samuel signings in 2020, so hopefully he will pop up again.  He used to be a near-sure thing as far as TTM goes, but he hasn't signed TTM since 2018.  I'll wait it out and see if a signing comes up.

Wilson (b. 1958) played in the majors from 1982 to 1990 and 1993 for the Tigers, Phillies, Mariners, Pirates and Astros.  He had 1,098 hits, 98 home runs and a .265 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1985 and also finished 23rd in the NL MVP voting that season.

I mailed to the signing on February 2 and got the cards back on March 22, for a 48-day TAT.

No comments: