Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Two Trade Packages From Alex R.

Recently, I met a trio of guys from the Chicago area who I have been corresponding back and forth with on Instagram and various forms of messaging.  Sean, Shawn and Alex are their names.  Each a Cubs fan, but Alex is more of a Hanley Ramirez fan.  I sent Alex some cards recently as a hello and a welcome to the hobby and in return, I got two packages back from him.  There were a bunch of Orioles and a few Joe Morgans in the envelopes he sent me.  Funny thing, Alex found me a Cal that I didn't yet have in my collection.

What an underrated design 1986 Topps was.  This is actually a 2014 Archives, but the design is still really sharp, even after all these years.  This really might be one of the more forgotten sets of the 1980s, but it really is a good one.
Alex was also able to find a Chris Davis card that I didn't have yet in this 2014 Bowman Platinum sapphire parallel.  This is a really nice parallel.  I have a gold parallel coming, so I might try to get a few others, but I won't be taking a rainbow seriously or anything like that.
Finally, there was this 1991 Bowman Mike Mussina RC that Alex included.  I'm still a big Moose fan and I truly believe he will make it to the Hall of Fame.  Probably not anytime soon, but he will get in.  I also love the retro O's jersey from the early 90s that Moose has on.  I have the black version, Ripken of course.

Thanks for all of the cards, Alex!  I really appreciate it, and really, welcome to the hobby!

No comments: