Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 Orioles Fan Fest Autos - Nolan Reimold

Everyone who reads this blog knows that Nolan Reimold is my favorite current Oriole.  If you don't know that, you should check out some of my past posts, you're missing out!  Nolan was the main reason I bought autograph vouchers for the 4:40 session at Station 3.  I really wanted to talk to Nolan again and thank him for the batting gloves that he and his wife sent to me in exchange for the Bowie Baysox Bobblehead that I had at the time.  Those batting gloves are one of the centerpieces of my entire memorabilia collection.  So, I took the foul ball that I bought at last year's Fan Fest with me for Nolan to sign.  The ball was apparently a foul ball that Nolan hit off of the St. Louis Cardinals' Jaime Garcia during a July 2011 Interleague game.  I'm pretty sure Nolan hit a homer soon after he fouled off this ball.  Pretty cool, I think.  So, Nolan signed it for me on the sweet spot.
He also signed an official Carolina League ball for my son, Chris.  Chris dominated the conversation with Nolan, telling him that we had a picture of him hanging up in out house (which we do).  Chris then asked Nolan if he could have a signed card 'for his Daddy' to which Nolan asked him 'Is this your daddy?'  Chris just looked at him for a few seconds and said 'Ummmm...'  Kind of funny how quickly he forgot...
Anyway, I don't think I was able to get my 'thank you' out to Nolan in person.  I was too busy laughing about how Chris forgot for a moment who he was with.  Nolan was really great with Chris and that was really all I could ask for.  Now I have another thing to thank him for.

No comments: