Sunday, December 3, 2017

TTM Success - Billy Cowan

Back with more vintage cards, here is a success from Billy Cowan.  He was another player I picked up while at the Greenville card show.  I wanted more 1965 Topps, so this one was important to send off.  I really like this set, and keep talking about how I want to build the set someday.  Thing is, I have been talking about it for forever, but still haven't finished 1969.  I did knock a few cards off of that checklist while at the Greenville show, so it's not like I haven'd done anything with it.
I liked the 1964 Topps rookie card, and I also added, hey look, a 1969 Topps!
Finally, I thought this 1972 Topps was really cool.  The halo from the Angels logo forms a halo over Cowan's head.  It was a pretty cool visual.

Cowan (b. 1938) played in the majors from 1963 to 1965, 1967 and 1969 to 1972 for the Cubs, Mets, Braves (Milwaukee), Phillies, Yankees and Angels.  He had 281 hits, 40 home runs and a .236 batting average.

I mailed to Cowan on October 28 and got the cards back on November 22, for a 25-day TAT.

No comments: