Thursday, December 14, 2017

TTM Success - Roger McDowell

I got another TTM success in that was sent out earlier in the year.  I never write off TTM requests, no matter how far out they are, and I am glad this one came in.

I had only one of these 1996 Fleer Update McDowells that had him in an Orioles uniform.  I had hoped to get it signed at Orioles Fan Fest, but I missed out.
I also got these four cards signed, highlighted by the 1987 Topps on the bottom right.

McDowell (b. 1960) played in the majors from 1985 to 1996 for the Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, Rangers and Orioles.  He had a career record of 70-70 with a 3.30 ERA and 524 strike outs.  He won the World Series with the Mets in 1986.

I mailed to McDowell at Orioles Spring Training on February 20 and got the cards back on December 9, for a 296-day TAT.  McDowell will be starting his second season as Orioles pitching coach when the 2018 season starts.  Let's hope his pitching staff does a much better job then, because they were terrible in 2017.

No comments: