Thursday, December 7, 2017

TTM Success - Eddie Bressoud

Here is one of the vintage guys I picked up while at the Greenville card show, Eddie Bressoud.  I really liked the above 1958 Topps, so I was really happy that he signed it.  I sent him 5 cards, and he signed 4.  The card he chose not to sign was a 1963 Topps.

Check out the airbrushed SF logo on Bressoud's hat.  The Giants had just moved to SF, and it looks like the Topps artist had some issues getting the logo right.
I had this 1960 Topps in my vintae box at the house, so I sent it along, too.  I like that he signed this one, as well.
Also, here are Topps cards from 1961 and 1964, both of which turned out really nicely.

Bressoud (b. 1932) played in the majors from 1956 to 1967 for the Giants (New York and San Francisco), Red Sox, Mets and Cardinals.  He had 925 hits, 94 home runs and a .252 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1964 and won the World Series with the Cardinals in 1967.

I mailed to Bressoud on October 28 and got the cards back on November 24, for a 27-day TAT.

No comments: