Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Instagram Trade With Zach - Chrome Goodness

I completed a deal recently with a guy named Zach from Instagram after I sent him a 2008 Topps Stadium Club Clayton Kershaw RC.  In return, I received this 2014 Bowman Chrome Chris Davis purple refractor that I needed for my PC.  I'm surprised it took me this long to land a purple refractor because it looks awesome.  The card is numbered 91/150.
While I love the purple refractor Davis, I think one of the extras that Zach sent may have outdone the key trade piece.  Holy crap, look at this scan.  It almost looks like stained glass.  What a beautiful card.  I had no idea, when I laid it on top of my scanner, that this 2011 Topps atomic refractor of Adam Jones would turn out like this.  Man, that is a really cool card.  It also helps me to remember just how good the 2011 Topps design was.

Since the time of our trade, I have chatted with Zach quite a bit.  He seems like a really good person, and is a lot of fun to chat with.  I was really glad that we met through the trade, and I know we will trade again.  I wanted to make sure he had a positive experience in our deal, so I sent him a few extra rookie cards to help his collection.  From what Zach says, he really enjoyed everything, and that's what makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: