Monday, January 5, 2015

My First Chris Davis 1/1 Platinum Parallel

My main complaint when it has come to completing a rainbow of a player has always been that it is almost impossible to find a platinum 1/1 card.  I mean, it is so tough to find one, I have no platinum 1/1 parallels of any of my PC players.  I came really close with the 2010 Topps Nolan Reimold, but I missed it by a week.  That card was at a LCS near Charlotte for a while, with a $75.00 price tag, and when I finally got the guts to buy it, it had been purchased a week prior.

So, when I saw this 2014 Topps Mini Chris Davis platinum on Ebay last week, I jumped all over it.  I didn't really want to buy any cards at that time, since we have been monitoring our money very closely, but I knew I would regret it if I passed it up (as I had learned from one of my good friends, if you see a card that you think you'll never see again, you have to buy it).

I have no other versions of the 2014 Topps Mini Chris Davis, but I can assure you that I am on the lookout for a few, and once our money situation gets settled later this month, I'm pouncing on some of the parallels.  If I see one of the printing plates, I can go ahead and tell you, the credit card will be utilized just to make it happen!

So, I'm really happy that I was able to find this 1/1 Davis, and I thank Ebay for their saved search feature, which assures me that I won't miss some of this really hard to find stuff.

No comments: