Tuesday, June 14, 2022

TTM Success - Roberto Petagine

TTMs have all but stopped lately, so hopefully, I can get caught up again on some posts.  Still, with over 980 out there, you would think that there would still be a bunch coming in.  This return from Roberto Petagine got a couple mid-90s cards out of my box, which was nice.

The above 1995 Donruss set was one of the first that I had ever assembled by hand.  Unfortunately, a lot of the cards were bricked by the over gloss, so the set is pretty much ruined.  I do enjoy the cards, for nostalgia's sake, so when I can get one signed and into my album, that is always good.
This 1995 Topps also turned out nicely.  For some reason, I thought this was a 1997, but it is a 95.  I'm usually spot on when it comes to identifying Topps cards quickly, but some of the mid-90s rookie combos mess me up.

Petagine (b. 1971) played in the majors from 1994 to 1998 and 2005 to 2006 for the Astros, Padres, Mets, Reds, Red Sox and Mariners.  He had 83 hits, 12 home runs and a .227 batting average.

I mailed to Petagine on January 12 and got the cards back on April 7, for an 85-day TAT.

No comments: