Thursday, September 15, 2022

An Assortment of Autographs From Gerard

Falling behind of posting stuff has led to a huge stack of signed cards that still need to be scanned.  This stack can hopefully be managed quickly, especially if I combine posts of stuff from the same person.  Scattered among the cards were several that Gerard has sent me over the past few months.

He recently did a signing with Franklin Perez that I didn't write down nor count toward my TTMs.  I had sent several Perez cards to Gerard just after the National with several that he could use for himself.  I found the above 2018 Bowman Chrome purple shimmer refractor in a dollar box at the National and decided that this would be the key to what I wanted back from the signing.
I also sent off the 2018 Topps Pro Debut showing Perez in a Buies Creek uniform.  I couldn't find my team set card; I think I sent it TTM to Perez and never got it back.  Gerard provided the 2017 Carolina League Top Prospects card, which was nice (because mine was sent in that lost TTM).
Gerard had also arranged a private signing with Terry Kennedy, and since I needed the 1987 Topps Padres leaders card signed, I jumped in that signing as well.  I included my 1991 Crown Orioles card, since I'm not officially working on that set, but want to get them out of my box and signed.
My hope is that Gerard can get Andy Hawkins to do a signing so I can complete the leaders card.  Gerard also provided a base 1987 Topps of Kennedy so I could upgrade mine from black ink to blue.
Here are a bunch of random cards that Gerard sent back from past 50/50s and other signings.  I was glad he gave me the 2003 Bowman Heritage of Nate Spears.  I love that design.  I probably got Matthew Lugo on my own 2019 Bowman Draft, but this one will go in my album anway.
The 1991 Topps Oddibe McDowell was one of the last mystery TTMs that came in; back when we were doing those.  THat kind of stopped with the both of us getting really busy.  I might pick that up on a limited basis.  I thought about doing that for maybe one of my nephews or nieces.
Finally, here are a couple landscape oriented cards.  The 2019 Topps Rangers card is signed by former Rangers manager, Chris Woodward.

The Christian Vazquez seems to be the first 2022 Topps Heritage to make its way into my album.  I really appreciate all of the cards from Gerard.  I'm also glad that I am at a point where I can clean my desk up.  It is never too early to prep for next season.

No comments: