Tuesday, September 1, 2020

TTM Success - Thomas Eshelman

I spent a lot of time during the suspension of baseball to try to send to the home addresses of some players who I had lots of cards of.  The Orioles crapped on their fans earlier this year by canning Fan Fest, so I have a bunch of cards of Orioles that I wasn't able to get signed.  In hindsight, it probably was a good idea that they canceled Fan Fest, but at the time it sucked.  So, I sent off to a bunch of players, and got a few successes.  This one from Thomas Eshelman helped me get two 2015 Bowmans out of my box.
Eshelman signed a 2015 Bowman and a 2015 Bowman Chrome refractor.  Both cards turned out great.  I'm not too big a fan of 15 Bowman because of the foil lettering on the cards.  They're hard to read, so I have to flip them over and read the backs as I am poring through the stacks in my boxes.

Eshelman (b. 1994) has played in the majors since 2019 for the Orioles.  He has a career record of 3-2 with 30 strike outs and a 5.17 ERA.

I mailed to Eshelman on May 20 and got the cards back on June 18, for a 29-day TAT.

These two cards filled up my 12th full album of signed baseball cards.  This doesn't include my signed 1987 set, which has its own album.

No comments: