Tuesday, September 1, 2020

TTM Success - Von Hayes

I sent to him before, but didn't get the cards back.  I saw that he has a fee, so I tried again, and got two cards back signed from Von Hayes.  The above 1987 Donruss Diamond Kings turned out really well.  I was going to send him one of these regardless of my 1987 Topps set pursuit.  I really like the Diamond Kings, and am happy to get this one signed.
I did get an 87 Topps signed.  This card turned out nicely, as well.  I forgot Hayes was on the Phillies Leaders card, so I will be sending that one out sometime soon.

Hayes (b. 1958) played in the majors from 1981 to 1992 for the Phillies and Angels.  He had 1,402 hits, 143 home runs and a .267 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1989.  His best finish in the NL MVP voting was 8th in 1986.

I mailed to Hayes on June 3 and got the cards back on June 16, for a 13-day TAT.  I paid his fee of $5.00/card.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Diamond Kings always look nice signed.

Matt Pederson said...

I need him for my 1989 Topps and 1987 Donruss sets. He has a great looking signature.