Friday, September 4, 2020

Two New Cards For The 87 Set

 
I had heard that there was a $25 Ebay coupon going around, so I googled it and figured I'd give it a shot.  It turned out that I qualified for the coupon (I had better, since I have been on EBay since 1999), so I used it to knock two cards off of my 1987 checklist.

Urbano Lugo is a tough signature to get, apparently, and this card used up almost all of the coupon.  Still, I was able to cross him off of the list, and I can concentrate on other tough signatures from here on out.

Lugo (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1985 to 1990 for the Angels, Expos and Tigers.  He had a career record of 6-7 with 91 strike outs and a 5.31 ERA.

Pat Clements also appears to be somewhat tough to get, but his cards are a lot cheaper than Lugo's.  I needed just a few more bucks to fill my cart and make the coupon work, and this one was just $5.00, so I figured, why not?  I spent a total of $7.10 on both cards, so I won out.

Clements (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1985 to 1992 for the Angels, Pirates, Yankees, Padres and Orioles.  He had a career record of 17-11 with 158 strike outs and a 3.77 ERA.

No comments: