Friday, July 19, 2019

TTM Success - George Lombard

I got another TTM success back from the batch I sent to Spring Training, this one being from Dodgers camp.  I had some nice late 90s, early 2000s cards of Lombard that I sent off, but he ended up keeping two of the better cards that I sent.
The ones I got back turned out well, so I can't complain.  I just wish I had gotten the other two cards back, because they would have looked cool.

Lombard (b. 1975) is exactly 5 years older than I am.  It isn't often that I find a player with whom I share a birthday, but it is cool that Lombard and I do.  He played in the majors from 1998 to 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2006 for the Braves, Tigers, Devil Rays and Nationals.  He had 77 hits, 8 home runs and a .220 batting average.

I mailed to Lombard via Dodgers Spring Training on February 5 and got the cards back on June 22, for a 137-day TAT.

No comments: