Saturday, July 6, 2019

TTM Success - Frank Linzy

Some more vintage cards were added to my album with this TTM success from Frank Linzy.  The cards turned out really well, even though Linzy used a black pen.  It looks like Schroder signs as well, so I may try to complete this card.
I also got Linzy on these three cards.  The 69 (middle) is really beat up, but instead of trashing it, I included it in the mailer.  The card will be fine in my album; they don't have to be in pristine condition.

Linzy (b. 1940) played in the majors in 1963 and from 1965 to 1974 for the Giants, Cardinals, Brewers and Phillies.  He had a career record of 62-57 with 358 strike outs and a 2.85 ERA.  He finished 3rd in the 1965 NL Rookie of the Year voting and 13th that season in the NL MVP race.  He appeared on the 1980 Hall of Fame ballot, but received no votes.

I mailed to Linzy on March 11 and got the cards back on May 24, for a 74-day TAT.

No comments: