Saturday, June 23, 2018

Graphing the Blue Rocks at the Wood Ducks

During the Carolina League season, all northern division teams come down to the Wood Ducks only once per season, with the exception of one team.  Last season, the Wilmington Blue Rocks came twice; this season, the Frederick Keys are coming twice.
Last season, I missed Chase Vallot both series, so I really wanted to make sure that I got him this time around.  I had a whole bunch of cards that I wanted to get signed, and I was successful!  I really wanted to try to get one of the Carolina League Top Prospects cards done, since I have been sitting on them since last year.
I picked up a 2017 South Atlantic League All Star set from last year when I went to Columbia a couple months ago.  I was able to get these two cards done.
Khalil Lee was probably the Royals' biggest prospect on the team this season, so I was glad he was very friendly and signed everything I had.
Bryan Brickhouse was also really nice.  He is from North Carolina, so we talked about that for a bit outside after one of the games.
I didn't realize how many Blue Rocks had cards until this series.  They seemed to have quite a few guys with cards, which I really enjoyed.  I was able to get almost everything I had done.
I also took some 50/50s for the series, and was able to get most of them done, which is always great.
Even better, I was able to get some older Topps cards out of my boxes, and get them signed.  I had a bunch of Doug Henry, but was only able to get him one time during the series.  He didn't seem all that thrilled about signing, so I didn't want to bother him.
Another person I missed last season was Abraham Nunez.  I had these cards in my box waiting for the Blue Rocks to come back, and I didn't miss him this time around.
I finally got some new Wood Ducks stuff in, as well.  One of the 50/50s I took gave me the blue refractor of Anderson Tejeda, and I also had gotten in my 2018 Pro Debut boxes.

I have some games coming up, so I should be able to have a great many cards to show off in the coming weeks.

No comments: